An Immaculately restored historic Grade ll Listed family house set in just under 11 acres of gardens and grounds with a romantic backdrop of a 13th Century chapel ruin.
During the dissolution of the monasteries, men commanded by Henry VIII destroyed most of the structures in 1537, robbing the dressed stone along with Beaulieu Abbey to build the Solent’s realm’s forts of Hurst Castle, Calshot Castle and Cowes Castle now the Royal Yacht Squadron.
One, of only 13, Grade 1 listed buildings in the National Park, the ruins of the chapel originally built soon after 1259 is the last one remaining from all the Granges of the Cistercian Abbey and stands in the formal gardens forming the most imposing backdrop to the southern aspect of the house. It is now used frequently by the current owners as a venue for many happy parties as there is a hard standing and it is possible to create a covered canopy to cover all weather eventualities.
This highly attractive house is built of part ashlar stone and mellow red brick from the kilns in Beaulieu during 1900 reconstructions.All windows along the front of the house have a sunny morning aspect with delightful views looking down to the Beaulieu river where the current owners can see their yacht at her mooring. The house today is a supremely comfortable family home with all the amenities one would expect.